Tom Noetel, through TWN Pty Ltd, has been consulting in property development and construction since 2006 after many years with major property development and construction organisations including Leighton Holdings, Barclays, John Holland, Thiess, Leighton Asia, Hastie, Habtoor Leighton, Lend Lease, Laing O’Rourke, Amalgamated Holdings, and Australian Rail Track Corporation, on projects in India, Hong Kong, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Thailand, Malaysia and of course Australia.
Tom is familiar with the whole development and construction process from feasibility and cost benefit studies to construction and operations at project and management level.
His consulting has focussed on the following:
- Reviews of major projects with an emphasis on assessing the true forecast financial results and what can be done to improve the management and execution of the projects to achieve a better result.
- Due diligence on major construction company acquisitions including John Holland, Walter Construction, Transfield and Al Habtoor.
- Assisting in the launch of large projects, particularly in ensuring that the Project Management Plan reflects good practice, is how the Project Director intends to run the project and is the primary induction document for staff joining the project.
- Business Unit reviews and preparation of Business Plans for major and minor organisations.
- Reviewing and improving project and business procedures especially on the key procedures which drive project success, such as cost and revenue forecasting and design management.
- Preparation and management of variation and extension of time claims on construction projects. Representation on both the Client and contractor side of claims.
- Development management of ski resorts, various Olympics facilities and property developments including feasibilty studies, design management and engagement of contractors.
- Project and design management of complex projects.
Tom prides himself on telling it as it is, good or bad, and has a record of delivering constructive suggestions to improve the outcome of projects for all parties to the project.